My rating: 5 Stars
Think and Grow Rich Review:
I was very satisfied with the book The Law of Success, written by the same author; and that is why I decided to read another one of his book. I can say right at start, I am very satisfied with this book also.
This is Self-Help book for those who are interested in Entrepreneurship and who are working on plans to start their own business. But there are parts who are good for those who are looking for a job.
There’s a good part which explains how to write resume, how to research your employer and boost your chance of getting the wanted position.
Like the previous book from the same author I like this one also. There are so many valuable information shared in this book, that no one who reads it won’t end up disappointed.
Everything that I summarized up is in depth explained in book.
What do I like the most, is that author is spend over twenty years researching wealthy people; but not just any wealthy people, but those who came from nothing and created something valuable in their lives, which has provide them money. I’m a big fan of that persons and fascinated by their stories.
Books like this give me belief that there are possibility for every one of us to try and accomplish something in our lives, even tough we are not born rich, we can still work and find opportunities to succeed in life.
Another great thing about books like this, is that they are not expensive, everyone of us can afford this. And gaining more knowledge, and constantly improving ourselves, it’s simply priceless, in my opinion.
I don’t what else to add; go ahead and buy this book, you’ll enjoy it.
If you like, you can read my other reviews of Self-Help Books
Also, check out my Best Business Books List
Think and Grow Rich Summary:
There are thirteen steps that we all need to master in life, that will get us closer to become richer in life.
Desire: The Starting Point Of All Achievements
The first step toward riches:
The method by which “desire” for riches can be transmuted into its financial equivalent, consist six steps:
- Be definite as to the amount.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Write out clear, concise statement of the amount of the money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
“Only those who become “Money conscious” every accumulate great riches. “Money consciousness” mean that the mind has become so thoroughly saturated with the desire for money, that one can see one’s self already in possession of it.“
Faith Visualization Of, And Belief In Attainment Of Desire
The second step toward riches:
The emotions of faith, love and sex are the most powerful of all the major positive emotions. The mixing, or blending, of these three emotion has the effect of opening a direct line of communication between the finite, thinking mind of man, and Infinite Intelligence.
What is Faith:
- Fate is a state of mind which may be induced by auto-suggestion.
- Faith is the “external elixir” which gives life, power, and action to the impulse of thought.
- Faith is the starting point of all accumulation of riches.
- Faith is the basis of all “miracles”, and all mysteries which cannot be analyzed by the rules of science.
- Faith is the only known antidote for failure.
- Faith is the element, the “chemical” which, when mixed with prayer, gives one direct communication with Infinite Intelligence.
- Faith is the element which transforms the ordinary vibration of thought, created by the finite mind of man, into the spiritual equivalent.
- Faith is the only agency through which the cosmic force of Infinite Intelligence can be harnessed and used by man.
- I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I demand of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.
- I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in out word, physical action, and gradually transform themselves in physical reality.
- I know through the principle of auto-suggestion, any desire that persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through same practical means of attaining the object back of it. I will devote myself to development of self-confidence.
- I have clearly written down a description of my definite chief aim in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity. Because I know that negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.
Auto-Suggestion: The Medium For The Influencing The Subconscious Mind
The third step toward riches:
This step can be shortly describe as – We constantly need to work on improving ourselves to become better in which we are interested, and become better as persons and value other peoples.
There’s a good quote in this part:
“Day by day, in every way, I am getting better and Better” – Emil Cuoe
Specialized Knowledge, Personal Experience Or Observation
The fourth step toward riches:
There are two kind of knowledge: general and specialized. Knowledge will not attract money, unless it is organized, and intelligently directed, through practical plans of action, to the definite end of accumulation of money.
It’s important to know how to use knowledge which we possess and organize it and put in good use.
First of all, decide the sort of specialized knowledge you require, and the purpose for which it is needed. To a large extent your major purpose in life, the load toward which you are working, will help determine what knowledge you need.
You need to work toward constant improvement of knowledge in industry that you’ve choose for yourself.
Imagination: The Workshop Of The Mind
The fifth step toward riches:
The imagination is literally the workshop wherein are fashioned all plans created by men. The impulse, the desire, its given shape, form, and action through the aid of the imaginative faculty of the mind.
It has been said that man can create anything which he can imagine.
Two forms of Imagination:
- Synthetic Imagination
- Creative Imagination
Organized Planning: The Crystallization Of Desire Into Action
The sixth step toward riches:
It’s important to create plans, and if you fail at first, then create a new plan; if you fail at second attempt, then create and try new plan. If you are persistent, one plan will eventually work.
How to build plans:
- Ally yourself with a group of as many people as you may need for the creation, and carrying out of your plan, or plans.
- Before forming your “Master Mind” alliance, decide what advantages, and benefits, you may offer the individual members of your group, in return for their cooperation.
- Arrange to meet with your “Master Mind” group at least twice a week, and more of the if possible, until you have jointly perfected the necessary plan, or plans.
- Maintain perfect harmony between yourself and every member of your group. If you fail to carry out this instruction to the letter, you may expect to meet with failure.
The major attributes of leadership:
- Unwavering courage
- A keen sense of justice
- Definiteness of decision
- Definiteness of plans
- The habit of doing more than paid for
- A pleasing personality
- Sympathy and understanding
- Mastery of details
- Willingness to assume full responsibility
The 10 major failures in leadership:
- Inability to organize details
- Unwillingness to render humble service
- Expectation of pay for what they “know” instead what do with that which they know
- Fear of competition from followers
- Lack of imagination
- Emphasis of the “authority” of leadership
- Emphasis of title
Some fertile fields in which “New Leadership” will be required:
- Religious leaders
- Profession of Law, Medicine and Education
QQS Formula – Quality, Quantity and Spirit
- Quality of service shall be constructed to mean the performance of every detail, in connection with your position, in the most efficient manner possible, with the object of greater efficiency always in mind.
- Quantity of service shall be understood to mean the habit of rendering all the service of which you are capable, at all times, with the purpose of increasing the amount of service rendered as greater skill is developed through practice and experience.
- Spirit of service shall be constructed to mean the habit of agreeable, harmonious conduct which will induce cooperation from associates and fellow employees.
The 30 major causes of failure:
- Unfavorable hereditary background
- Lack of a well-defined purpose in life
- Lack of ambition to aim above mediocrity
- Insufficient education
- Lack of self-discipline
- Ill health
- Unfavorable environmental influences during childhood
- Lack of persistence
- Negative personality
- Lack of controlled sexual urge
- Uncontrolled desire for “something for nothing”
- Lack of well defined power of decision
- On or more of the six basic fears
- Wrong selection of a mate in marriage
- Wrong selection of associates in business
- Superstition and prejudice
- Wrong selection of a vocation
- Lack of concentration of effort
- The habit of indiscriminate spending
- Lack of enthusiasm
- Inability to cooperate with others
- Possession of power that was not acquired through self-effort
- Intentional dishonesty
- Egotism and vanity
- Guessing instead of thinking
- Lack of capital
Decision: The Mastery Of Procrastination
The seventh step toward riches:
You need to stop finding excuses for procrastinating your decision to put your plans into action. There is no point of prolonging the plans because the “right time”, no matter how much you calculate, risk can’t be avoided. And if you wait too much, others might do exactly what you want, and you loose.
Persistence: The Sustained Effort Necessary To Induce Faith
The eight step toward riches:
Persistence in an essential factor in the procedure of transmuting desire into its monetary equivalent. The basis of persistence is the power of will.
Will-power and desire, when properly combined, make an irresistible pair.
Without persistence, you will be defeated, even before you start. With persistence you will win.
Like all states of mind, persistence is based upon definite causes, among them these:
- Definiteness of purpose
- Definiteness of plans
- Accurate knowledge
Symptoms of lack of persistence:
These are the weaknesses which must be mastered by all who accumulate riches:
- Failure to recognize and to clearly define exactly what one wants.
- Procrastination, with or without cause.
- Lack of interest in acquiring specialized knowledge.
- Indecision, the habit of “passing the buck” on all occasions, instead of facing issues squarely.
- The habit or relying upon alibis instead of creating definite plans for the solutions of problems.
- Self-satisfaction – There is but little remedy for this affiliation, and no hope for those who suffer form it.
- Indifference, usually reflected in one’s readiness to compromise on all occasions, rather than meet opposition and fight it.
- The habit of blaming others for one’s mistakes, and accepting unfavorable circumstances as being unavoidable.
- Weakness of desire, due the neglect in the choice of motives that impel action.
- Willingness, even eagerness, to quit at the first sign of defeat.
- Lack of organized plans, placed in writings where they may be analyzed.
- The habit of neglecting to move on ideas, or to grasp opportunity when it presents itself.
- Wishing instead of willing.
- The habit of compromising with poverty instead of aiming at riches. General absence of ambition to be, to do, and to own.
- Searching for all the shortcuts to riches, trying to get without giving a fair equivalent, usually reflected in the habit of gambling, endeavoring to drive “sharp” bargains.
- Fear of criticism, failure to create plans and to put them into action, because of what others will think, do, or say.
How to develop persistence:
- A definite purpose backed by burning desire for its fulfillment.
- A definite plan, expressed in continuous action.
- A mind closed tightly, against all negative and discouraging influences.
- A friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose.
Power Of The Master Mind: The Driving Force
The ninth step toward riches:
Power might me defines as “organized and intelligently directed knowledge”.
Sources of knowledge:
- Infinite intelligence
- Accumulated experience
- Experiment and research
The Mistery Of Sex: Transmutation
The tenth step toward riches:
The emotion of sex is an “irresistible force”, against which there can be no such opposition as an “immovable body”. When driven by this emotion, men become gifted with a super power for action. Understand this truth, and you will catch the significance of the statement that sex transmutation will lift one to the status of a genius.
The 10 mind stimuli:
- The desire for sex expression
- A burning desire for fame, power, or financial gain, money
- Friendship between either those of the same sex, or those of the opposite sex
- A Master Mind alliance based upon the harmony of two or more people who ally themselves spiritual or temporal advancement
- Mutual suffering, such as that experienced by people who are persecuted
- Narcotics and alcohol
“Genius” is developed through the sixth sense – That sense is “Creative Imagination”
Highly sexed men are the most efficient. The explanation is, the factor of personality known as “personal magnetism” is nothing more nor less than sex energy.
This energy may be communicated to other through following media:
- The handshake
- The tone of voice
- Posture and carriage of the body
- The vibration of thoughts
- Body adornment
The Subconscious Mind: The Connecting Link
The eleventh step toward riches:
The subconscious mind consist of a field of consciousness, in which every impulse of thought that reaches the objective mind through any of the five senses, is classified and recorded, and from which thoughts may be recalled or withdrawn as letters may be taken from a filing cabinet.
You are preparing yourself to influence and control the “inner audience” of your subconscious mind, in order to hand over to it the desire for money, which you wish transmuted into its monetary equivalent.
it is essential, therefore, that you understand the method of approach to this “inner audience”. You must speak its language, or it will not heed you call. It understand best the language of emotion or feelings.
Let us, therefore describe here seven major positive emotions, and seven negative one’s, so you draw upon positive, and avoid negatives, when giving instructions to your subconscious mind.
7 major positive emotions:
- The emotion of desire
- The emotion of faith
- The emotion of love
- The emotion of sex
- The emotion of enthusiasm
- The emotion of romance
- The emotion of hope
7 major negative emotions:
- The emotion of fear
- The emotion of jealousy
- The emotion of hatred
- The emotion of revenge
- The emotion of greed
- The emotion of superstition
- The emotion of anger
The Brain: A Broadcasting And Receiving Station For Thought
The twelfth step toward riches:
Every human brain is capable picking up vibrations of thought which are being released by other brains.
In connection with the statement in the preceding paragraph, compare, and consider the description of the Creative Imagination.
The Creative Imagination is the “receiving set” of the brain, which receives thoughts, released by the brains of others.
The Sixth Sense: The Door To The Temple OF Wisdom
The thirteenth step toward riches:
The sixth sense, through Infinite Intelligence may, will communicate voluntarily, without any effort from, or demands by individual.
This principle is the apex of the philosophy. It can be assimilated, understood, and applied only by first mastering other twelve principles.
The sixth sense is that portion of the subconscious mind which has been referred to as the Creative Imagination. It has also been referred to as the “receiving set” through which ideas, plans, and thoughts flash into the mind. The flashes are sometimes called “hunches” or “inspirations”.
Last chapter is dedicated to 6 fears that most of us have.
The 6 basic fears:
- The fear of poverty
- The fear of criticism – most of one’s
- The fear of ill health – worries
- The fear of loss of love of someone
- The fear of old age
- The fear of death
Symptoms of the Fear of Poverty:
- Expecting poverty instead of demanding riches
Symptoms of the Fear of Criticism:
- Lack of poise
- Inferiority complex
- Lack of initiative
- Lack of ambition
Symptoms of the Fear of Ill Health:
Symptoms of the Fear of Loss of Love:
- Fault finding
Symptoms of the Fear of Old Age:
- The tendency to slow down and develop an inferiority complex
- The habit of speaking apologetically of one’s self as “being old”
- The habit of killing off the initiative, imagination, and self-reliance
- The habit of the man or woman of forty dressing with the aim of trying to appear much younger
Symptoms of the Fear of Death:
The habit of thinking about dying instead of making the most of life, due, generally, to lack of purpose, or lack of a suitable occupation.
The common causes of this fear are:
- Ill health
- Lack of appropriate occupation
- Disappointment over love
- Religious fanaticism
You can buy this book by clicking the link bellow. Since I’m a part of the Amazon’s Associates program, when you buy through this link you help me earn a commission. That will help me to buy more books and write more reviews. Thank you!
- Print Length: 165 pages
- Publisher: Book House Publishing (March 1, 2017)
- Publication Date: March 1, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0761JLQ4R