My rating: 5 Stars
The Law of Success Review:
This book can put as a excellent reading material for those who are searching Self-help, Self-development and Self-improvements books to help them gain more confidence boost.
This book is so far one the best books that I’ve read this year. There are so much valuable information shared in this book; when it comes to finding Best Self-help, Self-improvement and Self-developing books, this one is best that you can get. After the book “The Intelligent Investor” this one is my second favorite.
There are no need for you to go online and spend hundreds, or even a thousands of dollars on courses that, so called “online gurus” are selling. They just combine information from this cheap books and sell that.
I really don’t know what else to add, there are so much information added up; and it’s up to you whether you want to read it or not.
If you like, you can read my other reviews of Self-Help Books
Also, check out my Best Business Books List
The Law of Success Summary:
In first part you’ll learn about most outstanding weaknesses that stands between men and women, and those are:
- The tendency to reap where they have not shown
- Habit to spend more than they earn
“No man has a chance to enjoy permanent success until he begins to look in the mirror for the real cause of all his mistakes.”
In next chapter we will find 15 Laws of Success:
- A definite chief aim
- Habit of saving
- Initiative and Leadership
- The habit of doing more than paid for
- Pleasing personality
- Accurate thinking
- Profiting by failure
- Practicing the Golden Rule
“Render more service than that for which you are paid and you will soon be paid for more than you render. The law of ‘Increasing Returns’ takes care of this.”
When it comes to Power (man power), that is organized knowledge, expressed through intelligent efforts. And we all have stubborn enemies that are constantly watching over us and wait for us to make a mistake. Our enemies are:
One important fact that author is teaching us that every man should have a woman with him that shares similar personalities – That is a great way to create a “Master Mind” group, than working on working on co-operating with other successful like-minded people. Same rule applies to women also, they can’t succeed in life the man with her is not similar to her.
When it comes to educating ourselves, one important part author has written; It’s not about learning as much as we can, it’s about taking that knowledge and putting it into use.
“If you cannot do great things yourself, remember that you may do small things in a great way.”
We all have fears that we need to work on overcoming those fears; and those fears are:
- Fear of poverty
- Fear of death
- Fear of ill-health
- Fear of the loos of love
- Fear of old age
- Fear of criticism
“Until a man selects a definite purpose in life he dissipates his energies and spread his thoughts over so many subjects and in so many different directions that they lead not to power, but to indecision and weakness.”
Author has added in book a simple Self-confidence formula that we can use:
- Demand from yourself to be persistent, aggressive, and continuous action toward attainment.
- Figure it out and visualize what kind of person you want to be. And then focus on how to become one.
- Spend at least 10 minutes a day thinking about Law of Success and thinking on developing yourself.
- Write in advance what you want to be in next 5 years, and how you plan on achieve that.
- Fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice; There for everything you do need to be beneficial for everyone who is involved in your business and plans.
“The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything. Do not be afraid of mistakes providing you do not make the same one twice.” – Roosevelt
When it comes getting into dept, there are two types of debt that are mentioned by author:
- There are debt incurred for luxuries which becomes a dead loss.
- There are debts incurred in the course of professional or business trading which represents service or merchandise that can be converted back into assets.
The first one it should be avoided at any cause, because we can get into serious trouble by spending money on things that we can afford, and become all materialistic.
The second on one may be indulged in, but clear judgement need to be used to avoid getting into debt more than we can afford. When we get into world of debt which we cannot afford, then we are entering into world of speculation, and most likely that we can loose everything rather than getting enrich.
When it comes to Money Saving Habit, there are two main reason to do that:
- If you get opportunity to invest your saving and earn more money
- You never know what kind of emergency can come up, so you always need to have money on side for that kind of situations
“Those who don’t have Saving Habit can be sure that they’ve never going to become financially independent.”
Three ways on how to become person of Initiative and Leadership:
- You must eliminate habit of procrastination; which means stop delaying your plans
- Only way to get happiness is by giving it away, to others
- You must understand the meaning of term “Leadership”; because there are two explanation: the one is deadly and destructive, the other one is helpful and constructive.
Qualities that every great leader have to possess are:
- Moral ascendancy
Successful leaders also makes use of:
- Laws of imagination
- Pleasing personality
- Accurate thinking
Imagination Habit – it’s very important because it pushes you forward into creating way to achieve success. Also, Imagination is the only thing that we can control entirely.
Enthusiasm Habit – is a state of where you are inspired to take action. It is most important factor entering into salesmanship. Enthusiasm is the vital force that can be harness and use with profit. It can also help you develop a dynamic personality.
Why should we render more service than that which we are paid for? This would give us advantage over ours competitors in the long run. And as author has stated, this will eventually get paid out.
Pleasing Personality Habit – we need to master this habit because it’s very important in business; from smile, handshake and overall behaviour. When selling something everything needs to be focused on customer, every question asked and not to ourselves.
There are tips on how we can form an Attractive Personality:
- Form habit of interesting yourself in other people
- Develop the ability to speak with force and conviction
- Clothe yourself in a style that is becoming to your physical build and the work you’r engaged in
- Develop a positive character
- Learn how to shake hands properly
- Remember that your only limitation is the one you set up in your own mind
Accurate thinker deals with facts, regardless of they affect hi own interest, for he knows that ultimately this policy will bring him out on top, in full possession of the object of his definite chief aim in life.
To learn How to Think Accurately we must understand:
- That the mind can be controlled, guided and directed to creative, constructive ends.
- That the mind can be directed to destructive ends, unless we manage to control it into constructive ways.
- That the mind can be used to control every cell in our bodies.
- That all achievement of man is the results of his thoughts.
- The majority of all thoughts conceived in the minds of men are not accurate, being more in the nature of “opinions” or “snap-judgement”
Concentration – is the act of focusing the mind upon a given desire until ways and means for its realization have been worked out and successfully put into operation. That means ability to keep our mind on one subject until we are thoroughly familiarized with it and master that subject.
There are two forms of Co-operation:
- Co-operation between people who group themselves together or form alliances for the purpose of attaining a given end, under the principles known as the Law of the Masted Mind.
- Co-operation between conscious and the subconscious minds, which forms a reasonable hypothesis of a man ability to contact, communicate with a draw upon infinite intelligence.
There are three motivating forces to which man respond:
- The motive of Self-preservation
- The motive of Sexual contact
- The motive of Financial and Social Power
Failure – in this case that doesn’t mean that we are complete failures in life; but we need to look at failure as a “temporary defeat“. For as long as we don’t give up in reaching our definite aim in life, we are just temporary defeated.
Intolerance – there are two significant features about it:
- Intolerance is a form of ignorance which must be mastered before any form of enduring success may be attained. It causes wars, and you gain much enemies in life.
- Intolerance is the chief disintegrating force in the organized religions of the world, where it plays havoc with the greatest power into small sects and denominations which spend as much effort opposing each other as they do in destroying the evils of the world.
The Golden Rule:
“The Golden Rule means, substantially, to do unto others as you would wish them to do unto you if your position where reversed.”
If you decide to buy it; You can buy this book by clicking the link bellow. Since I’m a part of the Amazon’s Associates program, when you buy through this link you help me earn a commission. That will help me to buy more books and write more reviews. Thank you! 🙂
- Print Length: 624 pages
- Publisher: GENERAL PRESS; 1 edition (December 26, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 26, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N1WKF7Q