The Book on Making Money Buy on Amazon
My rating: 2 Stars
The Book on Making Money Review:
This book is one of those entrepreneurship books that are written in order to help you find some kind of direction in life, if you’re finding yourself a bit lost, you’re not making enough money in your life and want to change that. Overall author’s focus is helping you with some common sense advice on how to find better job, and how to start your own business on the side that is based online.
Since I went through this subject many time, really nothing much new for me is written in this book, just many common sense thing which I already know. When it comes to online businesses that are suggested in this book, I already know about them – and I’m already working as an Affiliate with this blog. But don’t expect to get in depth guide on how to get into affiliate marketing from this books – information on that are very basic; but there enough to help you get direction.
I have to say that first 30% of this book sounded a bit cliche in my opinion. I’m not dissing the author’s life story, but this kind of story (no college, poor young age) does get used so much in books, courses etc. And that was the boring part, when I thought in myself “ohh, not again” and considered to quit reading it. But the second part was a better, and it was easy read through. I like that part when it talks about people taking advantage of people and businesses to make money. Not that I like it in a way that I would use it, but it’s nice that is mentioned because everybody should know if you do that, you’ll get caught sooner or later.
The last part is for those who are already making enough money which they can invest in stocks, real-estates etc.
I would suggest this book for those who are struggling with low paid jobs and they are looking for something that could motivate them to start working on making changes and improvements in their life, and start thinking on how to earn more. I’ve been through all of that already, and I’m still not there where I want to be, but it’s a work in progress.
I would not recommend this book if you already know about online based businesses, and you want book that would provide you with in-depth guide on how to succeed in affiliate marketing – because this book doesn’t deliver that.
If you like, you can read my other reviews of Entrepreneurship & Small Business Books
If you like, you can read my other reviews of Personal Finance Books
Also, check out my Best Business Books List
The Book on Making Money Summary:
- YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY
- CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE
- WHY SHOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME?
- IS IT REPRODUCIBLE?
- WHAT’S YOUR CURRENT PERSPECTIVE?
- WHERE DOES THIS PERSPECTIVE COME FROM?
- ME, BEFORE AND AFTER
- I CHANGED, AND I WON
- DO IT
- THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS
- Credit card companies are not your friends.
- The bank is not your friend.
- Your boss is not your friend.
- Most people offering investment advice are not your friends.
- PAY OFF BAD DEBTS BEFORE INVESTING
- CERTAIN KINDS OF DEBT CAN BE A GREAT WAY TO BUILD WEALTH
- HOME OWNERSHIP
- HARD WORK AND MONEY
- CLIPPING COUPONS
THE ONLY RULE OF MAKING MONEY
- THE RULE
- ISN’T WANTING MONEY GREEDY?
- PEOPLE WILL WANT YOU TO FAIL
- YOU’LL NEVER GET RICH BY SPENDING LESS
- LEARN TO MAKE MONEY, THEN DO WHAT YOU LOVE
- BE CREATIVE
- WHAT IS OPM?
- DON’T PLAY THE LOTTERY
- DON’T CHEAT
A ROUGH START
- WHY “GET RICH” BOOKS SUCK
- YOU CAN’T SAVE YOUR WAY TO WEALTH
- MONEY THAT’S NEVER SPENT IS WORTHLESS
- A ROAD MAP
- STOP THE BLEEDING
- INCREASE YOUR INCOME
- DON’T WAIT
BUILD YOUR RESUME—HOW TO MAKE MONEY WORKING FOR OTHER PEOPLE
- LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE
- WHY YOU SHOULDN’T WORK FOR OTHER PEOPLE
- GETTING THERE
- JOB HOP
- “HOW MUCH ARE YOU CURRENTLY MAKING?”
- WHEN YOU’RE READY TO LEAVE, ASK FOR A RAISE
- ASK FOR TOO MUCH
- WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?
- START A BUSINESS, ANY BUSINESS
- THE INTERVIEW
- A BULL IN A CHINA CLOSET
- PASSIVE INCOME
OUTSOURCING, AUTOMATION, AND PASSIVE INCOME
- AUTOMATION (Or, OMG, We’re All Going To Be Replaced By Robots!)
- AUTOMATION AND SCALE
- NO INVENTORY = LOW START-UP COSTS
- AFFILIATE MARKETING
- LOW-EFFORT INCOME
- THE EASIEST BUSINESS TO START
- NO GUARANTEES
- LOW COST OF ENTRY
- DO I NEED INVESTORS?
- STARTING A LIFESTYLE BUSINESS
- DOWN TO BUSINESS
- GETTING CUSTOMERS
- PAID SEARCH
- Google AdWords
- Bing Ads (Microsoft)
- DISPLAY ADVERTISING
- E-MAIL MARKETING
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- CHOOSING A PRODUCT TO SELL
- DON’T LET COMPETITION SCARE YOU
- AUTOMATE—THEN AUTOMATE MORE
- WHY THIS IS THE BEST BUSINESS MODEL
- A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Resist the urge to go all in.
- Competition isn’t always the enemy.
- STOP WITH THE EXCUSES
- But I don’t have any good business ideas.
- I’m scared to quit my job.
THE INTERNET IS STILL THE WILD WEST
- PASSING THE TORCH
- THE EARLY DAYS
- THESE DAYS
- AFFILIATE MARKETING
- CLICK ARBITRAGE
- SAVING MONEY & PASSIVE INCOME
- LIMIT RISK
- DON’T OVEREXTEND
- START BY PAYING OFF DEBTS
- FINALLY, YOU CAN START SAVING
- REAL ESTATE
- STOCK MARKET
- SELF-SUSTAINING BUSINESSES
WHAT’S HOLDING YOU BACK?
- PLANS VERSUS ACTIONS
- DO THINGS THAT SCARE YOU
- STOP BLAMING OTHERS
- DO IT
If you click on the link above you will be redirected to Amazon where you can buy this book, or any other book(s), or article(s) that you wish. By doing that you’re helping me to get small commission from that particular sale. That is helping me to get more books and write more reviews. Thank you very much!
- File Size: 2877 KB
- Print Length: 248 pages
- Publication Date: October 26, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B076WHDJQR